Get Creative With Wine Corks!

, 0 Comments



I remember when I was a teenager and cork seemed to be the "in thing" to put everywhere around the home! I actually spent an entire weekend decorating my bedroom walls in cork tiles and I loved it! 
I'm not a fanatical hoarder of wine bottle corks but I definitely appreciate the many wonderful ways in which you can recycle them!  To recreate something creative and useful for around the home with cork is a bit special seeing as it's quite a lengthy process to produce the traditional wine stopper. It takes over a decade before it can be harvested from the cork oak tree and the tree has to be 25 years old before the process can start of manually stripping the bark from the tree.

Amongst other qualities which make it an excellent material for many different uses, it's the cork's elasticity combined with it's near impermeability which makes it suitable as a material for bottle stoppers, especially for wine bottles. 


So let's take a look at my top 10 ways in which you can repurpose a wine cork stopper... 

Perfect for your glass of wine...
Cork Stopper Coasters


Love this idea, especially for a vineyard wedding perhaps
Cork Placeholder

Very romantic especially if corks originate from plenty of shared bottles of wine
Cork Stopper Heart Shape

Love this! You could frame it to match your decor
Authentic Cork Notice Board!

For a significant initial, so cool and a great gift for a wine lover
 Cork Letters

This is beautiful and I love the idea the cork comes from a
special bottle of wine shared
Necklace featuring Cork Stopper

Handy to keep a few of these in your handbag! Will save a few wobblies
when you happen to get a dodgy table in a cafe
Chair or Table Stabilizer

Very lovely and a great talking point
Cork Stopper Planters

A lovely crafty idea to perk up your herbs or flowers
 Herb Marker Stick

This is lovely and will look gorgeous in any garden, I have one similar which
I often admire hanging from my favourite tree in the garden
Cork Stopper Garden Bird House



0 comments:

Feel free to share your comments here :)